I love experimenting with new recipes in the kitchen, especially desserts! To be honest, I feel like alot of plant based/healthier/minimal ingredient recipes taste just like that… really healthy. Which is fine! But these lil babies taste anything but! They are so decadent. I have made these for a few friends now and had really good feedback. And, not to toot my own horn- but they taste AMAZING! They are fudgey, dense and delicious. Plus they are full of ingredients that are good for our bodies! I do not feel guilty when the tray is gone a few days later. You must make these!
- 3/4 cup honey(or agave/maple to make plant based)
- 3/4 cup oat flour(oat worked for me but you could try almond etc)
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup plant based choc chips(+ more to sprinkle on top)
- 1 + 1/2 teaspoons of baking soda
- sprinkle of himilayan salt
- 1 cup peanut butter(I used smooth but use whatever you prefer)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3/4 boiled sweet potato
The easiest recipe in the world.
- Put oven on 180. Peel desired amount of sweet potato, cut into cubes, transfer to boiling water. Cook until soft enough to put a fork through the potato
- Transfer sweet potato to blender and puree, may need a splash of milk of choice or water to get a smoother consistency 🙂
- Add ALL ingredients to mixing bowl, using sieve for everything in powder form. Mix everything really well. Should be quite a thick paste!
- Line tray with baking paper, place mixture in tray + sprinkle with choc chips.
- Bake for 20 mins! When removed from oven should still be quite soft in middle. This will set!
PS: feel free to alter measurements, not my skillset. ENJOY!
Have a wonderful week x