Breakfast should be both easy and healthy! You don’t want to have to think about too many steps in the morning and you want to start the first meal of your day with something balanced, energising and keep you eating well throughout the day! Here are five breakfasts that I incorperate into my weeks, I hope they inspire you! PS: the measurments will be rough, who has time to measure anyway. And these recipes are just guidelines- use what you have at home 🙂
G R E E N S M O O T H I E
You can literally add anything to smoothies, which I love.
- A piece of zuchinni
- One banana, I like atleast 4 chunks of frozen banana- so creamy
- 2x tablespoons Protein powder of choice
- 1 cup of milk of choice
- Few chunks frozen pineapple- I also think this adds to the creamy taste
- 1 teaspoon spirulina powder
- Optional- spinkle of psyillium husk, chia seeds, flax seeds, PB- anything you want to use up!
Blend everything and if needed add water as you go! This would be super easy to put in a bottle/jar and take with you on your way to work 🙂
C H I A P U D D I N G
- Few tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1.5 cups of milk of choice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Top with frozen berries of choice!
Add all ingredients to jar, shake and ready to consume in the morning. I like to add coconut flakes, yum!
P R O T E I N O A T S
- 1.5 cup oats
- 1.5 cup milk of choice
- 1 x tablespoon protein powder
- 1 x teaspoon PB
- Water if needed
Put all ingredients in bowl and microwave/stovetop for 90 seconds. Add water if needed. Top with coconut flakes, a drizzle of PB, cacao powder, pepitas or frozen berries. So tasty on cooler mornings!
L O A D E D T O A S T
Create your own sweet or savoury take on toast:
- Feta: optional
- Pepita/sunflower feeds for added crunch
- Salt, pepper and chilli flakes to season
- Peanut or almond butter
- Honey or maple
- Sliced banana or strawberry
- Pepita/sunflower seeds… for added crunch 😉
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
Again, so simple, shouldn’t take anymore than 5 minutes to make and can alter to your taste buds. Plus limited washing up in the mornings.
A C A I B O W L
- 1 x teaspoon acai powder
- 1 cup berries of choice, I like blackberries
- Sprinkle of flax seeds
- 1x cup milk of choice- less liquid the thicker the consistency, start slow
- 1x frozen banana
- Few slices of frozen zuchinni
- Piece of frozen pineapple
- 2x teaspoons of protein powder
Blend everything, transfer to bowl with spoon. Top with whatever your heart desires. Drizzle of PB, cashews, granola, berries, chia seeds. Enjoy!
What are your favourite, no fail, delicious breakfasts? I’d love some inspiration too. Have a beautiful week x